Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Carbonic Acid

Zhang Jonathan

Carbonic Acid-The chemical formula is H2CO3. This is an acid because it has hydrogen cations
Carbonic Acid is used everyday, most particularly in carbonated drinks, like coke. It has a PH level between 3 and 4, so it is slightly acidic. It is made when carbon dioxide is dissolved in water (H2O+CO2=H2CO3) It is also used as a buffer for our blood by maintaining constant PH level, the body creates carbonic acid to help transport carbon dioxide outside of the body.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was carbonic acid in Coke. This really makes me think twice before buying another soda knowing that there is carbonic acid in Coke. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that it is in our blood, I thought it was just in drinks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that it was used as a buffer for our blood.

    ReplyDelete