Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Carbonic acid

Goldring, Carly


H2CO3

H2CO3 is Carbonic acid. If you could not tell this is an acid. Carbonic acid is described as volatile or a respiratory acid. Carbonic acid is used in your daily life. This is a mixture of water and carbon dioxide (CO2 + H2O = H2CO3). You can also find carbonic acid in carbonated water or any other carbonated drinks. This is a "weak" acid and it can form two different kids of salts, carbonates and bicarbonates. 



http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Carbonic_acid.html 

4 comments:

  1. i did not know that H2CO3 was found in most drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glade to know it is a weak acid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I didn't know that carbonic acids were found in my carbonated drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I did not know all the pop I drink has this acid in it! Awesome! Good blog post.

    ReplyDelete